Winter has well and truly arrived, and as the cold snap settles in, it’s more important than ever to be prepared for the harsh weather conditions that lie ahead. With the right home insurance in Ireland, you’ll be protected against the elements and any damage they may cause to your home. Our goal is to provide you with some important information to help you understand why having adequate winter home protection is not just a precautionary measure, but a necessity to assist you in navigating winter as stress-free as possible. The truth is, we just never know what’s coming our way. What we have control over is what actions we take today to protect ourselves in the future.
Understanding Home Insurance in Ireland
Having a solid grasp on exactly what home insurance includes is something crucial for homeowners, especially to prepare themselves for winter. You need to know explicitly what your policy covers so you aren’t left with any surprises when making a claim. So, what does home insurance in Ireland include?
There are two main components of home insurance:
• Building Insurance: This covers the structure itself and may extend to sheds and permanent fixtures.
• Contents Insurance: This covers your personal contents inside the home.
1. Household Goods: Things like your home’s fixtures, fittings, and decorative items.
2. Personal Items: This would include clothing, sports equipment, and electronics like TVs.
3. Valuable Items: Jewellery, watches, cameras, and even original artwork are considered valuables.
If you’re wondering whether your Buildings and Contents Insurance policy protects you against winter weather, the answer is yes!
Buildings insurance will protect your property against any damage from the elements such as fire, flooding and storm damage. Your policy safeguards you against unforeseen and unpredictable events such as natural disasters and severe weather.
Contents insurance will take care of any items, such as the ones listed above that are affected by a storm or severe weather event.
It’s always best to be certain about what your policy includes before you need it. Read your policy carefully or contact your insurance provider or Broker. The great thing about home insurance is that you can tailor it to your specific needs and lifestyle. Although we would consider Buildings and Contents Insurance essential for all homeowners, there are various add-ons that can maximise your protection.
Here are some popular Home Insurance Add- Ons:
- Accidental Damage Cover: This add-on will help cover everyday blunders like toddlers using the carpet as a painting canvas, DIY mishaps, or a football through the kitchen window. If you have a busy family, this one is important!
- Home Emergency Cover: Provides coverage for burst pipes, leaking roofs, and other incidents that can make your home uninhabitable for a period. Emergency accommodation may also be covered by your insurance during repairs.
- Personal Possessions Cover: This will protect personal belongings that leave the house, such as mobile phones and laptops.
Benefits of Comprehensive Cover
Although Buildings and Contents Insurance in Ireland can be purchased separately, combining the two will provide you with the best and most complete coverage in the event of storm damage. Finding the right policy including add-ons that complement your lifestyle is the only way to guarantee your financial protection from damages. The absolute best way to find the right policy for you is to contact a reliable and customer-focused Insurance Broker like Mike Murphy Insurance, who will listen to your specific requirements and recommend the most comprehensive protection from winter weather risks. Give us a call on (01) 2900200
When it comes to protecting your home and possessions, being proactive is essential. Home insurance offers a safety net that protects against losses brought on by a variety of events, storms, flooding and weather-related damage from fire. Get home insurance before you need it! This is a responsible move that will protect your home and give you some peace of mind.
Be Prepared with Mike Murphy Home Insurance
When you choose Mike Murphy Insurance as your Broker, you’ll discover a great way to get Home Insurance that fits your needs. Remember, life can be unpredictable, but that’s okay! By preparing for the unexpected, you’re taking a smart step. With the cold weather settling in, it’s a good time to safeguard yourself from any unforeseen events. The friendly team at Mike Murphy Insurance are more than happy to help with your questions and explore all the choices with you.
With so many Home Insurance Brokers out there, why should you choose Mike Murphy?
- Choice: Choose from upto 15 Insurers
- Expert Team: We have been in the insurance business for over 50
years and have a wealth of insurance knowledge to share with our
- Payment Options: We provide a range of payment options from card,
Direct Debit & cheque.
- Customer-focused: We always work in your best interest to get the
- Best Price First: We automatically search the market each year for our
customers and offer the best price first.
If you are unsure how much to insure your home for you can find out using this Home Rebuild Calculator
Give our team a call today on (01) 2900200 or get your quote online at Mike Murphy Insurance